06. 21. 12
Bonjour tous! (Hello all…)
I realize that as of this date I have not posted on my Blogspot.com blog, http://raptusreading.blogspot.com/, for almost a month. I’m sorry and I can only blame Blogspot.com because I’ve had four or five ready posts that weren’t able to publish to by blog. So here’s a post that will hopefully turn out the way it should.
It’s been insanely busy at the bookstore lately, especially with the poor weather and relatively mild temperatures. The customers haven’t been very nice but at least I’ve gotten a bunch of good recommendations. Right now I have four or five books on my bedside table, all of which have been recommended by friends, family, and customers.
1. The Forgotten Garden by: Kate Morton
This is a local book club pick, as well as a previous New York Times bestseller.
2. The Outer Banks House by: Diann Ducharme
This is a regional fiction novel written by the sweetest woman ever.
3. The School of Essential Ingredients by: Erica Bauermeister
Recommended by Nichol last summer, who said that it was a compilation of ingredients that make up Life.
4. The Kite Runner by: Khaled Hosseini
This is usually required reading for the 10th graders at First Flight High School but I have yet to read it.
5. The Magician’s Secret by: J. G. Sauls
A locally based story about an FBI agent and a murder mystery!
And finally, on top of all of those books, I have a couple copies of advanced-reader copies. These are copies of books pre-publication that are mailed around to booksellers and editors alike for editing and reviews.
6. Thomas Jefferson’s Crème Brûlèe; How a Founding Father and His Slave James Hemings Introduced French Cuisine to America by: Thomas J. Craughwell
7. A Hundred Flowers by:Gail Tsukiyama
8. The Boy Recession by: Flynn Meaney
Well, that’s all I have time for right now but I will make sure to post more often.